It’s official. The Eagles are now eliminated from the playoffs. The stinkin Bears lost to the Minnesota Vikings, and that ends this disappointing season. Brian URLAKKERZZ played great, but the Bears
offense QB sucks a big fat one. He had Bernard Berrian open for the game winning touch down, but of course he under threw it throwing off balance like a goofball. Darren Sharper intercepted the pass, and returned it to the 40(anti Westbrook move), thus ending the Iggles season. If that scrub Kyle Orton had just set his feet, and fired it to Berrian’s other shoulder it would have been a touch down for sure.I shouldn’t blame the Bears too much though, because the Eagles dug their own grave by blowing way too many games this year. Look at all the games the Eagles blew that should have or could have won:
- Muffed punts in Green bay
- 97 yard drive by Brian Stinkin Griese
- Feeley‘s death pick against the Patriots
- Feeley’s 4 int game, including a death pick vs Seattle
- David Akers boink vs the G-Men
All of these failures have lead to this bad season. Add to those debacles all the injuries the Eagles suffered, Donovan McNabb‘s slow recovery, and Andy Reid‘s family situation. This year was doomed from the start.
The most frustrating thing is that while the team has many holes, they definitely underachieved. The Eagles managed to hang in very close with the NFL‘s best team the Patriots, and they just beat down the NFC’s best Dallas Cowboys.
There are so many questions I have that nobody will ever know.
- What if Andy Reid had put Brian Westbrook back as the punt returner, and not J.R. Reed?
- What if Jim Johnson didn’t prevent the team from winning using a prevent defense against the Bears?
- What on earth has happened to David Akers?
- What if L.J. Smith didn’t miss every other game with menstrual cramps?
- What if A.J. Feeley‘s favorite receiver was not Lofa Tatupu?
After feeling so high off yesterdays great win over the Cowpukes, I am just deflated that the season is over.
For the record I hate the Bears, and that crappy offense they have! If they want McNabb they better give up 3 first round picks.
This Packers fan sums up my thoughts on Da Bears: