I just finished reading Part I and Part II of the scintillating interview with Andy Reid conducted by PhiladelphiaEagles.com’s Dave Spadaro. I wasn’t expecting any eye-popping revelations from Reid and he delivered none. Most of it was the same old rhetoric. Here’s a quick summary:
- He wanted Dawkins to return, but is more than confident in Demps, Jones and Baker. What he wanted to say: Brian was washed-up and couldn’t cover a corpse on his best day.
- There is no rift between he and Joe Banner. What he wanted to say: Banner is the Ebenezer Scrooge of our time and believes players over 35 should be shot.
- He and Donovan talk all the time and everything is cool. What he wanted to say: Donovan and I haven’t said more than five words to each other since I benched him.
- Brian Westbrook’s knee is fine. What he wanted to say: Westbrook’s knee looks like it has been hit with a sledgehammer.
- He will fix the red zone problems that continue to plague the team. What he wanted to say: David Akers is on my Fantasy team. Screw touchdowns!
- Reggie Brown is a “starting-caliber player.” What he wanted to say: I thought we cut Reggie last training camp. I had no idea he was even on the team.
- Jason Avant was “virtually unstoppable” last season. What he wanted to say: I mistakenly watched 2004 highlights when I evaluated Jason.
- He can’t change his personality. What he wanted to say: I’d change but the fans would still hate me.
There you have it. Nothing new from the Head Bird. 35 days until the draft. Ugh. It can’t get here fast enough.