The first day of Training Camp for rooks and select vets just wrapped. Not a whole lot to report. If you don’t already know, here are the highlights, if you can call them that.
- McNabb spoke to the media. Looked professional. Not very jocular, although he did bitch slap T.O.’s reality show by saying the best way to improve it would be “By not having it.” Laughter ensued. Don also referred to himself on multiple occasions as “an old, young guy.” Not sure what he means, but he did infer that he’s not washed up like that one-armed Grandpa Favre. In addition, he misses Dawk, Tra and Runyan and admitted the communication between he and Jason Peters has to be worked on.
- Jeremy Maclin continues to chill, somewhere. Considering how many first-round picks are still in limbo, don’t be surprised if his absence lingers. Not to sound like Reid, but JMac is only damaging himself by not being at Lehigh. His agents must realize this as well. Evidently, they don’t give a crap.
- Kevin Curtis shaved his locks off. Too bad. I dug the Bjorn Borg circa 1980 look.
- According to multiple beat reports via Twitter, Westbrook was seen doing intermediate sprints. Good news is the walking boot is off. Bad news is he’s still recovering from two surgeries and will turn 30 soon.
- Macho Harris shined during morning practice. Picked off Kolb. Big deal, who doesn’t? Seriously though, Macho has a rep for being around the ball a lot. Let’s see how he does once the pads go on.
- McNabb sat out the afternoon practice. Can’t work the franchise too hard on the first day.
Don’t miss your daily fix of Eagles news. Subscribe to ITI by clicking here.