This one doesn’t exactly set up too nicely for the Eagles. Let me count the reasons:
1) The defense will be starting its sixth different middle linebacker since training camp began.
2) The nickel and dime cornerbacks are out.
3) They will be without their number one kick returner.
4) It’s their second trip to the west coast in six weeks.
5) Donovan McNabb is playing some of the best hit-or-miss football in his career.
6) Jason Peters might not be able to go. In the two games he’s missed time, the Birds have allowed 9 sacks.
7) The Chargers have won three straight and appear to be hitting their stride.
8: Andy Reid continues to suffer brain seizures when it comes to clock and timeout management.
9) They can’t, or forgot how to, win close games.
10) Not many think they will win.
Which is precisely why they will win this game. Backs against the wall. Rally the troops. Everyone must step up. Pick a cliche, any cliche. They’ll all suffice.
Eagles 23, Chargers 17
Topics: Eagles-Chargers Prediction