5. Special Teams – The Eagles are thin on return men, having lost both Ellis Hobbs and Jorrick Calvin to season-ending injuries. They’ll likely call on either Chad Hall or Jeremy Maclin to return kicks, and at this point the focus becomes ball security rather than explosiveness.
4. Take Care of the Ball – The Vikings have a respectable defense, but it shouldn’t be enough to slow down the Eagles high powered offense – as long as the Eagles take care of the ball. It gets a little slicker in the cold weather, making turnovers more likely.
3. Take Away Visanthe – Visanthe Shiancoe is probably the biggest threat Minnesota has in the passing game tonight. With Joe Webb making his first career start, the tight end is like a big safety blanket, especially against an Eagles defense that has struggled to cover tight ends.
2. Maintain Focus – There was a ton of excitement following last week’s miraculous comeback win over the Giants, and now there has been a lot of talk surrounding the short week the Eagles will have to get ready for the Cowboys. Tonight the Birds need to remain in the moment.
1. Stop the Run – Adrian Peterson is the best threat the Vikings have offensively, especially with Joe Webb starting at quarterback. If Philadelphia can get strong play from the interior of the defensive line and middle linebacker Jamar Chaney, it will go a long way towards slowing down what’s left of the Minnesota offense.