5. Jerome Harrison – He’s one of the few players who will likely see significant playing time today and could make a case for getting more touches next week as the playoffs begin. If Harrison runs well, he may force Andy Reid to find a few more touches for running backs. In other words, he may earn three or four carries a game instead of one or two.
4. Jamar Chaney – Assuming the middle linebacker plays, there are nearly three games of tape available on the rookie. Now is when we find out whether he’s the real deal or his strong play was a product of teams not knowing all of his tendencies.
3. Improve the Secondary – Dimitri Patterson needs to improve if he’s going to continue to hold the starting job across from Asante Samuel, especially if the defense is going to have any confidence in his ability to shut down a No. 2 wide receiver. If Patterson can’t hold up against Stephen McGee today, that spells trouble.
2. Protect Kevin Kolb – There figure to be a few backups playing along the offensive line, and the Cowboys do have some talented pass rushers such as Jay Ratliff and DeMarcus Ware. Kolb is more than capable of running the offense efficiently, but he needs time to do so.
1. Stay Healthy – The Eagles should rest most of their starters, but there will likely be a few who still have to play, either because there is no backup available or they fall into the category of a young player who could still use the extra work. If Philadelphia comes out of this game healthy, that’s as good as a win.