A coroner has confirmed that Andy Reid’s son, Garrett, died by a heroine overdose. Garret was 29 years old when he died and had been struggling with drugs.
In a written statement issued by the Eagles, the Reid family said:
“These results sadly confirmed what we had expected all along. We understood that Garrett’s long-standing battle with addiction was going to be difficult. He will, however, always have our family’s love and respect for the courage he showed in trying to overcome it. In the end, we take comfort in our faith and know that he’s in a better place. We miss Garrett. We miss his smile, his laugh, and his energy and we will forever love him.
“There are many other individuals and families engaged in this struggle in their own lives, and they will always have our support, encouragement, and understanding. Never give up!”
Prayers out to the Reid family.