Here is another mock draft written by Blake Meek of nflmocks.com. For this mock, I will give you my opinions on some of the picks I liked and some I don’t like so much.
And with the first pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select…
1. Luke Joeckel: I think this pick makes a lot of sense for the Chiefs. The Chiefs added a lot of pieces in the off season, but football games are won in the trenches. With the uncertainty of Brandon Albert, Joeckel will look solidify their line with Joeckel.
4. Geno Smith: Personally I don’t like this pick at all. Smith is not a top-5 talent and the Eagles have other positions that they could look to fill up. The three players I like at four for the Eagles are Star Lotulelei.
14. Sharrif Floyd: Floyd is considered a stone cold lock for the top 10 and he has a very strong chance of going in the top-5. If Floyd does fall I love the pick, but assuming he doesn’t, I think the Panthers will take Sheldon Richardson.
16. Kenny Vaccaro: The Rams cut Quintin Mikell this off season and are looking to draft a safety to fill the hole in their secondary. This is a great draft to do it and Vaccaro is the best safety in the draft. Vaccaro is a play-maker and would come to St. Louis and fill a need for the team.
25. Manti Teo: This pick has me scratching my head because the Vikings already have Chad Greenway and the Vikings have needs at corner, defensive tackle, and wide receiver. In this mock, Blake has the Vikings taking corner Desmond Trufant, so with their second pick I believe the Vikings would take either DeAndre Hopkins or Kawann Short.
Tell me what you think of this mock draft, what you think will happen in the upcoming draft, or what you think if my predictions in the comments.