Free Agency Tracker: All the Philadelphia Eagles free agency signings and rumors – OFF
Eagles free agency signings
– Linebacker Bryan Braman of the Houston Texans signs with the Eagles. It’s a two-year deal worth $3.15 million, $1 million guaranteed.
– Safety and special-teams hitman Chris Maragos signs with the Philadelphia Eagles for the next three years. The deal is worth $4 million ($1 million guaranteed), could escalate to $5.3 million with bonuses, per Aaron Wilson.
– Punter Donnie Jones returns on a 3-year deal.
Rumors and speculation
– 21:28 // While we are still waiting for official confirmation from the Patriots, it seems Revis will indeed sign with them. Wednesday started off well for the Philadelphia Eagles, but the “boom” signing never came. We are two and a half hours from calling it a day, so stay tuned.
– 20:51 // John Geiger, Revis’ business manager, reports nothing has been agreed between his client and the Patriots:
As of now, nothing has been agreed to with Revis and Patriots.
— John Geiger (@JohnGeiger_) March 13, 2014
– 20:26 // Darrelle Revis signs with the New England Patriots. It’s a one-year, $12 million deal, says Adam Schefter:
CB Darrelle Revis and the New England Patriots have reached agreement on a one-year, $12 million deal, league sources told ESPN.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 13, 2014
– 20:06 // No news on where Revis will land. The Patriots are considered the front runners, the Jets have contacted him about a possible return and the Eagles could very well be in the mix.
– 18:26 // Reuben Frank of CSNPhilly.com says the Eagles will not pursue Revis, “according to a league source familiar with the situation.”
– 18:08 // Right now, Eagles are waiting for a positive development on the Revis front.
– 18:03 // DE/OLB Mike Neal chose to stay in Green Bay for two more years. You can cross him off the FA list:
Hi Green Bay!!! I’ll enjoy your winters for two more years!!
— Michael Neal (@mneal96) March 12, 2014
– 15:34 // Darrell Revis will hit the open market, per Albert Breer. He could be on the Eagles radar.
Per Bucs source, team is releasing CB Darrelle Revis.
— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) March 12, 2014
– 13:58 // DeMarcus Ware agrees on a three-year deal worth $30 million with the Broncos, as Adam Schefter reports:
Filed to ESPN: Pending a physical, former Cowboys DE DeMarcus Ware reached agreement with Broncos on 3-year, $30M contract include $20M gtd.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2014
- 13:09 // Pro Football Talk says DeMarcus Ware is in Denver and the Broncos plan to sign him. Ware may well be looking for a $10-million/year deal. Not the kind of deal the Eagles are used to offer to free agents.
– 13:01 // NESN writer Doug Kyed reports the New England Patriots have shown interest in Jason Avant, who was recenlty released by the Eagles.
– 12:23 // The Seattle Seahawks have released defensive end Chris Clemons, according to Albert Breer. He played a couple of season in Philadelphia. Not likely, but he could make the jump to 3-4 OLB if the Eagles target him.
– 11:47 // Eagles are among the suitors for Darrelle Revis, per Ian Rapoport:
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 12, 2014
– 11:16 // Second FA signing of the day for the Eagles. Bryan Braman, an ex-Texans linebacker and special-teams ace signs a two-year contract with the Eagles, per Adam Schefter:
Eagles signed former Texans LB Bryan Braman to a two-year, $3.15 million deal, including $1 million guarnteeed via @seanstellato.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2014
– 11:07 // Darrelle Revis to the Eagles looks less and less likely. Ian Rapoport confirms that the New England Patriots have expressed interest in him.
– 10:26 // Since not much is hitting the news, here is a list of free agents we’d like to see being linked with the Philadelphia Eagles:
- DE/OLB DeMarcus Ware
- OLB Shaun Phillips
- DE/OLB Anthoy Spencer
- DE/OLB Mike Neal
- OLB LaMarr Woodley
- CB Corey Graham
- CB Rashean Mathis
- CB Tarell Brown
- K Steven Hauschka
- Jairus Byrd signed with the New Orleans Saints. The Eagles had the option to sign him, but went with former Saint Malcolm Jenkins.
- The Eagles cut safety Patrick Chung and re-signed their 2013 punter, Donnie Jones.
- DeMarcus Ware has been released. The Eagles were reportedly interested, but the Denver Broncos are the media favorite to sign the veteran pass rusher. Ware will visit Denver today, stay tuned.
- Darrelle Revis will either be traded or cut by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It was reported that the Eagles could be players, but given their recent history of trades and signings, it is high unlikely they pay over $15 million for a player. If Revis is cut, however, they might explor the option to get him.
- Nothing was reported on Eagles and Champ Bailey. The veteran cornerback was not among the names that created a lot of buzz in the first day of free agency.
Eagles free agents’ new teams
- Where last year’s Eagles will land?