1. The Eagles quarterback position looks extremely good heading into the season. Eagles starter Nick Foles had another good game and led the Eagles to 17 points before exiting the game. Mark Sanchez continues to dominate; this time he dominated both the Steelers first and second team defense; throwing for 85 yards and completing 7 out of 9 passes. I feel safe having Sanchez as the Eagles backup. Matt Barkley also came in and looked good at the end of the game, going 4 for 4.
2. Linebacker Brandon Graham and defensive end Vinny Curry continue to apply pressure; they may not fit the scheme but they clearly are the Eagles best pass rushers. They may not play a lot but I wouldn’t be surprised if they both led the team in sacks this season. Both of them had a sack last night.
3. Running back Matthew Tucker is making the Eagles roster and Chris Polk may lose out. Tucker rushed for another 2 touchdowns last night meaning he now was 4 this preseason. Polk can’t play at the moment due to his hamstring and Tucker has taken full advantage. The Eagles depth at running back is seriously good, rookie Henry Josey had another solid game.
4. The duo at safety of Malcolm Jenkins and Nate Allen has looked really good all preseason. Head coach Chip Kelly hasn’t said it yet but Allen is clearly the starter at safety. I’m finally excited about the Eagles safetys for the first time in a long time.
5. Eagles kicker Alex Henery might not be on the roster by the end of next week. Henery missed a 31 yard kick today after missing a 47 yarder last week. The Eagles traded for Colts kicker Cody Parker this week and he looked okay on kickoffs but there’s a strong chance the Eagles 2014 kicker isn’t actually on the roster yet.