4. We imagine the cornerback position will look very different when Week 1 kicks off.
More from Inside the Iggles
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
We can’t stop looking at this group of cornerbacks, and we can’t stop thinking Ronald Darby will be ready by Week 1. Here are a few other theories. Jalen Mills gets activated off of the physically unable to perform list by midseason. LeBlanc is placed on the IR and added to the active roster towards the middle of the season.
That means we may see some fill-ins. Could Orlando Scandrick be brought back? ITI mentioned that as a possibility on the final day of roster cuts. Does Philly agree with that theory? We’re expecting some shuffling here.
5. Are we seeing a little stubbornness by the Eagles’ brass?
The goal of any team is to put the best team on the field, and though the Eagles can be given credit for that, it seems as though there’s a bit of stubbornness by the Eagles’ brass. They just refuse to give up on guys.
Sure they finally said goodbye to some guys, but names like Matt Pryor, and Mack Hollins, and Nathan Gerry, and Josh Sweat will be talked about all week. Sure, you want to let your draft picks develop, but there will be some controversy as to whether or not these guys earned their spot.
Like it or not, that’s just the reality of things.