4. Boston Scott
First off, let the record show that Boston Scott is in great position to start off the 2020 season as the No. 2 running back for the Eagles after stepping up in a big way down the stretch last year to help Philadelphia punch their ticket to the playoffs.
More from Inside the Iggles
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
But also, if the Eagles are in great position to upgrade with another running back to compliment Miles Sanders moving forward, the team needs to do whatever is best for the offense.
Whether it happens to be someone like D’Andre Swift or J.K. Dobbins, if Philadelphia truly believes one of the prospects at running back could be an upgrade at No. 2 over Scott, they would certainly be foolish not to at least consider the possibility.
Plus, just because another running back could potentially come on board for the Eagles doesn’t necessarily mean there wouldn’t be an opportunity to still use Scott in the backfield since it never hurts to have a little extra depth at the position.
Most likely, Scott will end up starting off the 2020 season as the No. 2 running back as a result of his impact during the final months of last year, but also as previously mentioned, if Philadelphia can upgrade at the position in the draft, they need to take advantage.