How will the Eagles’ free-agency moves affect the coming NFL Draft?
Well, we haven’t seen the fireworks show that we were expecting, but the Philadelphia Eagles are off and running in another NFL offseason. They’ve added a phenomenal EDGE rusher, Haason Reddick. They’ve also brought a couple of familiar faces back into the nest: Fletcher Cox, Greg Ward, Nate Herbig, Boston Scott, Andre Chachere, and Anthony Harris.
The question is this. Now, that all of that’s happened and the first wave of free agency is behind us, how might Philadelphia handle their draft strategy?
We have some ideas, but before we get into them, here’s a guess on how the first 14 picks play out.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Evan Neal, OT, Alabama Crimson Tide
- Detroit Lions – Aidan Hutchinson, EDGE, Michigan Wolverines
- Houston Texans – Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State Wolfpack
- New York Jets – Travon Walker, EDGE, Georgia
- New York Giants – Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
- Carolina Panthers – Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
- New York Giants (via CHI) – Kayvon Thibodeaux, EDGE, Oregon
- Atlanta Falcons – Drake London, WR, USC
- Seattle Seahawks (via DEN) – Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
- New York Jets (via SEA) – Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
- Washington Commanders – Tyler Linderbaum, IOL, Iowa
- Minnesota Vikings – Kyle Hamilton, Safety, Notre Dame
- Houston Texans (via CLE) – George Karlaftis, Purdue
- Baltimore Ravens – Derek Stingley, CB, LSU
Everyone has their ideas. Those are a couple of other hunches. Philly’s on the clock now, and here’s an idea of how things play out.