Important Eagles training camp, preseason dates to remember
It’s almost as if Christmas showed up five months early. The only thing that’s missing is the tree. Perhaps you’ve heard, but the Philadelphia Eagles, both rookies and veterans, return to the NovaCare Complex on July 26th. The first day of practice comes one day later.
Find someone. Give them a high five. It doesn’t matter if they’re an Eagles fan, a fan of one of the other 31 NFL teams, or they have no idea who Jalen Hurts is. The Birds are back!
Here are some important dates on the Philadelphia Eagles; training camp and preseason schedule to make note of.
As mentioned earlier, the first Eagles full-team practice is scheduled for Wednesday, July 27th. They’ll suit up for ten preseason practices in total over these next two weeks before camp ends and the preseason schedule begins. Here are the dates of those practices:
- July 27th
- July 29th-July 30th
- August 1st-August 2nd,
- August 4th,
- August 6th-August 7th,
- August 9th-August 10th
The August 7th practice will be held at Lincoln Financial Field and it’s open to the public. Here are a few more important notes to jot down.
- New York Jets (home), Friday, August 12th at 7:30 p.m. EST
- Cleveland Browns (away), Sunday, August 21st at 1:00 p.m. EST
- Miami Dolphins (away), Saturday, August 27th at 1:00 p.m. EST
- August 28th-September 3rd (bye week)
Other notable dates to circle on the calendar
- Following the 1st preseason game, the roster must be cut from 90 to 85 by 4 p.m.
- August 18th, 19th: Joint practices are scheduled versus the Browns in Berea, Ohio
- August 23rd: The roster must be cut from 85 to 80 by 4 p.m.
- August 24th, 25th: Joint practices versus the Dolphins in Miami Gardens, Florida
Be sure to keep Inside The Iggles in your bookmarks. We’ll keep you abreast of the comings and goings, and be sure to ‘like’ our Facebook page and give us a follow on Twitter! We’re going to have a lot of fun this season!