Sep 15, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Philadelphia Eagles kickerCody Parkey
(1) kicks a field goal against the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
Philadelphia Eagles’ kicker Cody Parkey hit the game-winning 36-yard field goal, celebrated, and then found out he’d have to try it again.
Piece of cake.
After being iced by Indianapolis, Parkey stepped up again and knocked the game-winning field goal through the uprights, capping an unbelievable comeback that saw the Eagles score 24 second-half points en route to a 30-27 win over the Colts on Monday Night Football.
More from Eagles News
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
Make no mistake, the Eagles did not play well, but Indianapolis was far from the impressive team many thought Philadelphia would see on Monday night. Star quarterback Andrew Luck was largely ineffective, with the Colts forced to rely on a running game that was shockingly potent.
But somehow, though the offense again took an entire half off, the Birds won and moved to 2-0 atop the NFC East.