The NFL free agency period officially begins March 9th, and the legal tampering period begins March 7th.
More from Inside the Iggles
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
- Reactions as ESPN suggests NFL roster moves involving Eagles, Carson Wentz
With the NFL Combine this week in Indianapolis, team executives and free agents will be able to discuss potential deals that could be made next week.
Vice president of football operations Howie Roseman will have to put his skills to work if he wants to pluck free agents off the market. The Philadelphia Eagles have many holes to fill and minimal salary cap space to do so.
The Eagles will open up free agency with $8.69 million in cap space according to Over The Cap. It’s also worth noting that about $4 to $5 million of that will need to go to draft picks.
Here are five players the Eagles could potentially cut in order to gain cap space.