Jalen Hurts versus Sam Darnold: Philadelphia Eagles QB comparison
2 of 3
How do Jalen Hurts’ numbers stack up versus Sam Darnold?’s
Who are we kidding? We play Fantasy football and obsess over Pro Football Focus rankings. Of course, we’d like to see some numbers.
Career starts and wins/loss record (Career):
- Jalen Hurts: Eight starts in 19 career games, career record (2-6)
- Sam Darnold: 42 starts over the course of four seasons, career record (16-26)
Note: Hurts has a ways to go in terms of experience, but you can argue he’s gotten out of the gate a lot better than Darnold has.
- Jalen Hurts: 96-145, 1,167 passing yards, 66.2% completion percentage (2021) 173-293, 2,228 passing yards, 59% completion percentage (career)
- Sam Darnold: 99-146, 1,189 passing yards, 67.8% completion percentage (2021), 828-1,365, 9,286 passing yards, 60.7% completion percentage (career)
- Jalen Hurts: 97 attempts, 580 rushing yards, six yards per carry, four career rushing touchdowns
- Sam Darnold: 134 attempts, 469 rushing yards, 3.5 yards per carry, ten rushing touchdowns
Touchdown-to-interception ratio (2021/Career):
- Jalen Hurts: 7/2 touchdown-to-interception ratio (2021),13/6 touchdown-to-interception ratio (career)
- Sam Darnold: 5/3 touchdown-to-interception ratio (2021), 50/42 touchdown-to-interception ratio (career)
Passer rating/Total QBR (2021/Career):
- Jalen Hurts: QB Rating:101.1 (2021)/89.2 (career), QBR: 38.5 (2021)
- Sam Darnold: QB Rating: 95.4 (2021)/80.4 (career), QBR: 62.7
Darnold’s squad may be favored in this one, and a big part of that could be due to the fact that Carolina has been much more stout on defense. If Hurts struggles early, don’t panic.