A heartbreaking loss to the New York Jets ended the Philadelphia Eagles' bid for a perfect season, and things won't get any easier for them this weekend when they take on the Miami Dolphins on Sunday Night Football.
This is a potential Super Bowl preview between two of the best teams in the NFL and, in my opinion, is the game of the year.
For more Week 7 picks, check out our BetSided NFL betting analyst Iain MacMillan’s best bet for every game on the slate here!
If you want to bet on this marquee matchup, be sure to do it at Bet365. For a limited time, new users will receive $150 in bonus bets when they place their first $5 wager. Just click the link below to opt in on this deal.
Dolphins vs. Eagles odds, spread, and total
Dolphins vs. Eagles betting trends
- Dolphins are 8-1 ATS in their last nine games
- The OVER is 5-2 in the Dolphins' last seven games
- Dolphins are 2-6 ATS in their last eight games vs. Eagles
- The UNDER is 13-3 the last 16 times the Dolphins played an NFC East team
- Eagles are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games vs. AFC East teams
- Eagles are 8-2 straight up in their last 10 games vs. AFC opponents
Dolphins vs. Eagles injury reports
Miami Dolphins injury report
- De'Von Achane - RB - IR
- Xavien Howard - CB - Questionable
- Chris Brooks - RB - Questionable
- Connor Williams - G - Questionable
- Jalen Ramsey - CB - IR
Philadelphia Eagles injury report
- Reed Blankenship - S - Questionable
- Jalen Carter - DT - Questionable
- Sydney Brown - S - Questionable
- Darius Slay - CB - Questionable
- Marlon Tuipuloiu - DT - Questionable
Dolphins vs. Eagles how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 22
- Game Time: 8:20 p.m. EST
- Venue: Lincoln Financial Field
- How to Watch (TV): NBC
- Miami Dolphins Record: 5-1
- Philadelphia Eagles Record: 5-1
Dolphins vs. Eagles key players to watch
Tyreek Hill: The sore spot for the Eagles defense this season has been their secondary, now they have to try to defend the best receiver in the NFL. No player has ever recorded 2,000 or more receiving yards in a single season, but Tyreek Hill is on pace for over 2,300. He's a big problem the Eagles need to try to figure out if they want to win this game.
D'Andre Swift: Not enough people are talking about how good D'Andre Swift has been this season. He's averaging 5.3 yards per carry and he's the also fourth on the team in receptions (23), and receiving yards (115). He's a big piece of this offense and will be key in Sunday night's game against the Dolphins.
Dolphins vs. Eagles prediction and pick
I think the best thing to do in this game is to just sit back and root for points in this marquee matchup.
Both teams have had similar issues this year where their offense is outplaying their defense. That's especially the case for the Dolphins, who have a historic offense but an average defense at best. Their defense enters this game ranking 19th in opponent yards per play and 23rd in opponent EPA/Play.
That's going to leave an opening for the Eagles offense to do work which is much needed after a disappointing outing against the Jets.
It's a high total, but I don't care. I think this is going to be an offensive shootout for the ages.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!