Nov 16, 2013; Annapolis, MD, USA; South Alabama Jaguars tight end Wes Saxton (13) attempts to avoid Navy Midshipmen linebacker Chris Johnson (46) following a catch at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mitch Stringer-USA TODAY Sports
6) These next couple of clips are from South Alabama’s game against Tennessee in 2013. This first play shows off Saxton’s route running ability once again. He lines up in the slot and runs an out route for a first down, solid play.
7) Saxton runs an impressive route out of the slot but this time the quarterback never sees him and by the time he does, he can’t complete the throw due to pressure.
8) Another great route by Saxton here out of the slot once again. For his size, to get in and out of a break like that is very impressive. That’s not something that is common for a man that big.
9) This last play from the game against Tennessee might be the best play Saxton made that entire game. It won’t show up on the stat sheet but his ability to block while on the move was nice to see. His blocking needs work but this was promising.
10) This last play came against Mississippi State in 2014. Saxton is lined up in the slot in the red zone and beats the defender on a post by just brushing him out of the way but the quarterback doesn’t see him and throws to the outside instead.