The Philadelphia Eagles’ starting lineup is set. Here’s a look at those guys as well as the second string.
We’ve long known who the starters are, but there are intriguing battles to watch all over the roster, at wide receiver and cornerback for instance. There’s much to iron out on the back half of the roster.
Projected starters (Offense)
- Quarterback – Jalen Hurts, Gardner Minshew
- Running back – Miles Sanders, Kenneth Gainwell
- WR1 – A.J. Brown, Zach Pascal
- WR2 – DeVonta Smith, Jalen Reagor
- WR (slot) – Quez Watkins, Greg Ward
- Tight end – Dallas Goedert, Jack Stoll
- Left tackle – Jordan Mailata, Andre Dillard
- Left guard – Landon Dickerson, Sua Opeta
- Center – Jason Kelce, Cam Jurgens
- Right guard – Isaac Seumalo, Jack Driscoll
- Right tackle – Lane Johnson, Le’Raven Clark
Projected starters (Defense)
Though many of us expect the eventual transition to the 3-4 defensive scheme by Jonathan Gannon in base sets (three down linemen, four linebackers, four defensive backs) from the Eagles’ 4-3 (four down linemen, three linebackers, four defensive backs), as you’d imagine the Birds haven’t tipped their hat yet. After all, there are also theories that they’ll employ multiple alignments.
The starting lineup here was set up with the 4-3 scheme in mind.
- Left defensive end – Brandon Graham, Tarron Jackson
- Defensive tackle (left) – Fletcher Cox, Milton Williams
- Defensive tackle (right)- Javon Hargrave, Jordan Davis
- Right defensive end – Derek Barnett, Josh Sweat
- WILL linebacker (weakside) – Kyzir White, Davion Taylor
- MIKE linebacker (middle) – T.J. Edwards, Nakobe Dean
- SAM linebacker (strongside) – Haason Reddick, Kyron Johnson
- CB1 – Darius Slay, Zech McPhearson
- CB2 – James Bradberry, Tay Gowan
- Slot cornerback – Avonte Maddox, Kary Vincent Jr.
- Strong safety – Anthony Harris, Jaquiski Tartt
- Free Safety – Marcus Epps, K’Von Wallace
- Kicker – Jake Elliott
- Punter – Arryn Siposs
- Long snapper – Rick Lovato