Here are a few Eagles-themed recipes to spice up that Thanksgiving Day meal.
Thanksgiving 2023 is here! Philadelphia Eagles fans across the Delaware Valley and the rest of the country are preparing to feed their family and friends. Rather than drum up the usual recipes (macaroni and cheese/dressing), how about a few with that Philly flair?
Try some of these as one of your main dishes on Thanksgiving. Save some of them and eat them as leftovers. Whatever you do, make sure you do us a favor. keep these ideas in the rotation.
Philadelphia Turkey Cheesesteak
No food item is more synonymous with Philadelphia than a cheesesteak. Since it's Thanksgiving, how about this amazing turkey cheesesteak recipe? If you have some leftover turkey and don't know what to do with it, this would be a great option to save for the Eagles vs Buffalo Bills matchup, which is the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
- 1 pound of turkey breast strips
- ½ large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
1. Cook the turkey breast strips in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Transfer the cooked turkey to a plate, leaving the remaining oil in the pan.
3. Add the sliced onion and peppers to the pan and sauté over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Return turkey to the pan and toss with the onions and peppers.
5. Split the buns and place them on a sheet pan.
6. Top each with a fourth of the turkey and peppers followed by sliced cheese.
7. Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese just melts.
8. Serve immediately.