Sep 7, 2014; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Philadelphia Eagles fans tailgate before the game against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Lincoln Financial Field. Mandatory Credit: Jeffrey G. Pittenger-USA TODAY Sports
No. 1: Timmy Brown
Timmy who? Timmy what? Do your research and you’ll see why.
Scooped off the scrap heap after one uneventful season in Green Bay, the 27th round (yes, not a typo) draft pick wound up doing a little bit of everything for the Birds from 1960-1967 (and most of it quite well). In fact, on top of Mitchell’s five different ways of scoring a touchdown, Brown added a sixth for good measure with a blocked field goal return.
Here are some more accomplishments, to boot: 62 total touchdowns (including seven by return), three Pro Bowls, the first of only nine NFL players to return two kickoffs to the house in the same game and a key member of the team’s last championship. As a result of his efforts, Brown was a 1990 Eagles Honor Roll inductee as well as a member of its 75th Anniversary Team.
He also dabbled in acting after his football career (because, apparently, that’s what running backs named “Brown” did in the 1960’s).
More from Inside the Iggles
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023