5. We can all rule out the possibility of the Eagles going with a defensive end in early rounds.
More from Inside the Iggles
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
- Reactions as ESPN suggests NFL roster moves involving Eagles, Carson Wentz
Regardless of what the Eagles do in the draft, they’re probably going to hit some major area of need. Believe it or not, even with Long’s addition, the Eagles probably still need to address the defensive end position with one of their draft picks. If they do, it probably won’t be in an early round. More pressing needs will have to be taken care of first.
That being said, we may want to take the Dalvin Cook rumors more seriously (if you haven’t already). He’s a gamebreaker, much like Elliott was last year, and if he’s available at pick number 14, the Eagles will give him serious consideration.
Then, there are the needs at cornerback. Even with the addition, of Patrick Robinson, no one’s certain about the Eagles secondary either. Robinson shined with the New Orleans Saints and the San Diego Chargers, but he had his issues with the Indianapolis Colts. We’ve discussed some of the issues Long has had already. If both return to form, Eagles fans should be excited. If they don’t, both of these moves will be questioned all season long.