5 Philadelphia Eagles who could have helped your team to the NBA Finals
5. Alshon Jeffery, a man without a position
More from Eagles News
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
At six-foot-three, Alshon Jeffery is too short to play center or power forward. He may not be spry enough to stay with the majority of the smaller guys in today’s NBA. Still, he’s one of the best athletes on the current Eagles’ roster, and his basketball resume speaks for itself.
Jeffery is from St. Matthews, South Carolina where he attended Calhoun County High School. During his time there, the basketball team bullied their way to an 84-1 record and picked up four state championships.
Next: Eagles roundup: Kenny Chesney meets the Lombardi Trophy
One can only imagine what it would be like to see ‘Number 17’ posting up some of the smaller guys in the league or throwing one down in transition. We’ll probably never know what that looks like as Jeffery, obviously, chose another career path, but one thing’s certain.
He’s definitely better than quite a few guys who are in the league now. Rather than matching him up against someone, why not make him the match-up nightmare?