5. Add veteran running back in Devonta Freeman or Lamar Miller
Moving on from Jordan Howard after only one season was the right move for the Eagles when looking at how the backfield is still going to be in solid shape with the new duo of Miles Sanders and Boston Scott.
More from Inside the Iggles
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
- Reactions as ESPN suggests NFL roster moves involving Eagles, Carson Wentz
Originally, Philadelphia brought Howard on board last season with the hope he would become part of the long-term plans, but with the running back dealing with a shoulder injury for the second half of last season, the Eagles clearly believed they would be better off without him.
Not to mention, after seeing how sharp Sanders and Scott looked at times while helping fill the void left by Howard, this made Philadelphia’s decision easier in free agency.
With that being said, just because the Eagles feel confident enough in Sanders and Scott leading the way in 2020 doesn’t mean the offense couldn’t use some additional help.
Most likely, Philadelphia will look to the draft for another running back, but there are still a few veterans available to sign if the Eagles were looking to provide some extra competition.
Since the Eagles would have nothing to lose price wise, one of these players seems worthy of earning at least a little bit of consideration.