The Philadelphia Eagles’ Week15 date in the desert is no cakewalk.
Imagine having an 11-time Pro Bowl nod and future Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee on the roster and still being able to say that you can make a strong case that he isn’t even the best wideout you have in the receivers meeting room. That’s exactly the situation the Arizona Cardinals are in.
More from Inside the Iggles
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
Larry Fitzgerald is a shoo-in for enshrinement into Canton when he decides to hang the cleats up for good, but he’s also settled into the slot role in the twilight of his career. It will be Nickell Robey-Coleman’s job to cover him when the Eagles and Cards meet in Week 15.
The guys on the outside figure to be Christian Kirk and the man Slay will be following around for the majority of this 60-minute contest, DeAndre Hopkins. Dang. It still sucks to think that he could have been an Eagle.
When you’re talking about the man who joined the “99 Club” on EA Sports Madden in 2019, you aren’t just talking about one of the best wide receivers on the Eagles schedule. You’re talking about one of the best wideouts in the entire NFL. The only people you can possibly rank higher are Julio Jones and the man that tops this list.
Hopkins’ regular-season statistical line for 2019: 15 games, 15 starts, 150 targets, 104 receptions, 1,165 receiving yards, 68 first downs, seven touchdowns