Wide receiver Marquise Goodwin will bring a lot to the table
More from Inside the Iggles
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
When news broke that the Eagles made a big trade for wide receiver Marquise Goodwin, it sent shockwaves across the fan base. Many were excited to be getting a receiving option of his caliber but most importantly of all, the veteran experience and leadership he brings to the table will be huge.
Veterans like Goodwin who can mentor all the young wide receivers around him can undoubtedly be a huge piece of the puzzle when it comes to fielding a successful football team. Remember, the Eagles went heavy on selecting new wide receivers in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Goodwin in addition to other key veterans at wide receiver will produce some great competition throughout training camp and the preseason. Goodwin will do his part in developing the new rookies in Jalen Reagor, John Hightower, and Quez Watkins.
Besides what he will bring to the gridiron, one can’t underestimate how great of a trade this was by general manager Howie Roseman. If Goodwin can contribute when his number is called on offense on top of being that great veteran presence in the locker room filled with all these solid rookies, the Eagles’ offense will truly be a force to reckon with.