Green Rice Krispie Treats are all one needs if satisfying the sweet tooth is the goal.
We’re sure that, by now, you had to have had Rice Krispie Treats before. Some of you have probably had Green Rice Krispie Treats before. Sure, they don’t taste any different, but come on… They’re green.
The first time we had the pleasure of enjoying this ingenious invention was in Charlotte, North Carolina. Eagles fans had literally taken over Bank of America Stadium in 2003 (it was still called Ericsson Stadium back then). Anyway, let’s get to the good stuff.
Here are your ingredients
- Six cups of Rice Krispies
- Ten ounces of Marshmallows
- Four tablespoons of butter (add salt if you choose)
- Green food coloring (We could care less if it’s midnight green or kelly green)
- Melt and mix your butter and Marshmallows. This can be done on low on the stove’s top, or you can elect to go the route of a 30-second bake job in the microwave. If you’re like us and can’t cook, the microwave always works.
- Once you’ve melted this strange-looking concoction, you’re probably asking yourselves how this strange fluid will lead you to something delicious, but hang in there! Add and stir the food coloring. Add as much or little as you’d like depending on how much tint you’re looking for.
- Add and stir the Rice Krispies. Make sure that you’ve evenly distributed the mixture.
- Spread mixture into a 9×13 Panpan with a greased spatula.
- Let the finished product cool. Then, cut.
The best part about Rice Krispie Treats is they don’t take long to prepare. We’re talking 15 minutes of prep time and about 30 minutes to bake. This is a nice twist for anyone that’s looking to satisfy a sweet tooth.