The Eagles are reportedly shopping Kendricks. His role decreased significantly last season in Schwartz’s defense, and, typically, if Schwartz doesn’t think you’re a fit, walking papers are on the way. Former Eagles cornerback Eric Rowe is a perfect example.
More from Inside the Iggles
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
- Reactions as ESPN suggests NFL roster moves involving Eagles, Carson Wentz
Still, Kendricks is a more complicated scenario.
If the Eagles cut Kendricks before June 1, they save $1.8 million, according to Over The Cap. However, if he’s cut after June 1, the team saves $5 million. Trading him would also save $1.8 million, so it would make sense for them to get some value for him while they can.
The numbers below show how the Eagles are affected financially if they choose to cut him before June 1.