Philadelphia Eagles versus San Francisco 49ers: A Q&A with Niner Noise
6 of 6
ITI: How do you think this one turns out?
More from Inside the Iggles
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
- Reactions as ESPN suggests NFL roster moves involving Eagles, Carson Wentz
Niner Noise: (Laughs) Ugly for the 49ers. It’s about as big a mismatch the Niners have had all year.
Like many quarterbacks, Carson Wentz sees his passer rating drop a bunch when under pressure. The problem is the 49ers haven’t been able to generate constant pressure all year. Injuries have been an issue, but it’s still a problem for San Francisco. Pair that with the fact the Niners secondary has been woefully inadequate, and we can see why Wentz shouldn’t have much difficulty carving up the Niners defense.
I do think the 49ers play a little more feisty than they did last week, but a 35-17 score in favor of the Eagles sounds about right.