Philadelphia Eagles: 1 Theory on Howie Roseman’s 10 worst moves in 2019
10. We all love Jordan Matthews but…
More from Inside the Iggles
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
Ladies and gentlemen, we don’t believe that the answers to Philly’s offensive woes lie in the reacquisition of Jordan Matthews, do we?
Yes, the Eagles needed help at wide receiver. Yes, they are familiar with Matthews, and Matthews is familiar with them. Still, this is another move that won’t amount to much in the long run.
Of Matthews’ 270 career receptions, 3,255 receiving yards, and 22 career receptions, 245 of those receptions, 2,973 of those receiving yards, and 21 of those touchdowns came in an Eagles jersey.
Still, there’s something that you want to keep in mind. This guy was dismissed by two teams for a reason.
What’s the difference between this and them adding Golden Tate at the trade deadline last season? Grade: Undetermined (but it’s looking like a D)