4 Overhyped Philadelphia Eagles heading into 2020 NFL season
The Philadelphia Eagles have learned nothing from what happened with Darren Sproles.
As easy as it is to defend the argument that the Eagles aren’t still riding off of a Super Bowl buzz that developed after they won it all at the end of the 2017-2018 season, it’s just as easy to argue that they are.
More from Inside the Iggles
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
That’s why Howie Roseman operates with impunity. It’s why the heroes of that season are brought back to the roster constantly or we argue about why they should be. It’s why Philly keeps winding up in deals where guys are making too much money or they’re signed for too many years or both.
Everyone has their mind made up that Corey Clement is making this roster as the third running back. Now, why would that even be an option unless this team wasn’t still operating by way of nostalgia? Sure, if Clement can recapture some of that magic that we saw in 2017, that would be a good thing, but after seeing him wind up on the team’s IR (injured reserve) in each of the past two seasons, the question is why does anyone, especially the Eagles coaches, think he can?
This team has learned nothing from what happened with Darren Sproles, and if you’re a “Birds” fan, that’s troubling.