What are the expectations for Marcus Green in the 2020 Philadelphia Eagles’ training camp?
Eagles fans will see a lot of Marcus Green if there is a preseason. The competition between wide receivers for a practice squad spot is going to be tight in 2020 with guys like Deontay Burnett, Robert Davis, and Manasseh Bailey all in the running.
More from Inside the Iggles
- Eagles captains earn high praise on roster blending veteran leadership, youth
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
Each one of them has an intriguing skill set that will catch the attention of the front office and coaching staff. They’re going to do everything they can to stay in Philly or at least prove they deserve a shot elsewhere, and they’re going to have to do so with limited opportunities.
Green signed to the Eagles practice squad right before the start of the 2019 season. This was after being released by the Falcons. Now that Philly has had the 23-year-old in the building for a full season, they’re going to want to see what he can bring to the table. Look for “89” to line up in the slot and return a decent amount of kicks and punts during the preseason, assuming there is one. He’s a threat to take one to the house whenever he gets an opportunity in the open field.