Philadelphia Eagles: Everything you need to know about Jordan Matthews’ trade
9 of 9
More from Inside the Iggles
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
- Reactions as ESPN suggests NFL roster moves involving Eagles, Carson Wentz
The Eagles made the right move by trading Jordan Matthews for Ronald Darby. It just isn’t plausible for the team to believe it can re-sign both Alshon Jeffery and Jordan Matthews to big contract extensions in 2018.
Getting a third year player with incredible upside at a position that has plauged the Eagles for close to a decade makes it worth what could be a potential setback at wide receiver.
A second year jump for Carson Wentz would also help mask the absence of Matthews this year. Quarterbacks make wide receivers look better sometimes and vice versa.
Next: 5 observations from the first Eagles preseason game
Keep it locked to InsidetheIggles.com for more coverage on the Eagles recent blockbuster trade.