Philadelphia Eagles: 5 questions for Week 14 battle with Giants
By Dan Parzych
4. Who will step up at wide receiver for Eagles?
No one needs to explain just how frustrating the wide receiver position has been for the Eagles all season, whether it involves DeSean Jackson‘s injury lasting longer than originally expected or players like Mack Hollins failing to step up when needed the most.
More from Inside the Iggles
- How former Eagles star Cre’Von LeBlanc helped Renegades upstage Cowboys
- Eagles 2023 schedule: Every WR duo Darius Slay, James Bradberry will battle
- Imagining better names for Jason Kelce’s Good Guy Award
- Bold predictions for the Philadelphia Eagles offense in 2023
- Reactions as ESPN suggests NFL roster moves involving Eagles, Carson Wentz
Speaking of Hollins, thank goodness Philadelphia was smart enough to part ways with the wideout this week since the decision seemed long over due with his lack of impact over the years.
But since there’s no reason to get into more details over that situation since Hollins has already found a new home in the Dolphins, the focus for the Eagles on offense heading into Monday’s game is who can step up at receiver to put the team in better position to beat the Giants.
After missing a few games due to an ankle injury, Philadelphia was beyond thrilled to see Alshon Jeffery return in Week 13, and catch nine passes for 137 yards with a score against Miami.
But beyond Jeffery and Zach Ertz, the Eagles don’t really have anyone in the passing game that can be reliable on a weekly basis.
Since the Giants’ defense isn’t exactly the sharpest group in the league, maybe Philadelphia will see someone like Nelson Agholor step up with a monster performance in the national spotlight.